Production No.: 318 (Season 3, Episode 18)
Original Air Date: April 1, 2011
“A great student is what the teacher hopes to be.”
Written by Bonnie Mark
Directed by Dave Filoni
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
Sunil Malhotra as Jinx
Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker / Clutch
Cam Clarke as O-Mer
Jeff Anderson as Smug
Zach Hanks as Garnac
Dee Bradley Baker as Sochek / Goron
James Arnold Taylor as Lagon / Plo Koon
Richard Green as Lo-Taren / Krix
Tom Kane as the narrator / Yoda
Anna Graves as Sugi
Chewbacca as Himself
Special thanks to Peter Mayhew for being the heart and soul of Chewbacca
Synopsis: As Ahsoka and her youngling allies struggle to evade the Trandoshan hunters, their efforts receive an unexpected boost when a new captive — Chewbacca the Wookiee — arrives. Chewie scrounges parts from a wrecked Trandoshan slave ship, assembling a communicator to send out a distress signal. Help arrives in the towering, shaggy form of Wookiee warriors led by General Tarfful. Freed from captivity, Ahsoka returns to the Jedi Temple and is reunited with Anakin Skywalker.
New Characters: Chewbacca, Tarfful
Returning Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Jinx, O-Mer, Garnac, Lo-Taren, Anakin Skywalker, Plo Koon, Sugi, Seripas, Yoda
Worlds Visited: Wasskah, Coruscant
- Rather than a beach, the original script described new prey being dropped off within a canyon.
- The Trandoshan slave ship pilot carries a shotgun, a rare example of a projectile weapon in Star Wars seen in the Republic Commando video game.
- When Chewbacca says his home world is very close, he’s not kidding. According to the Expanded Universe, Kashyyyk and Trandosha are in the same star system.
- The critter that attempts to pounce on the birds (convorees) outside of the youngling camp is a momong, a Trandoshan monkey.
- The side of the Halo has a painting of a rather demented looking Tooka doll holding a knife with aurebesh text that reads: “Nice Playing With Ya”
- Many of the background Trandoshan characters have interesting sources for their (usually) unspoken names: Gilas is named after the Godzilla Monster, Angilas. Ratter is named after a rattlesnake. Some are named after famous fictional reptiles: Goron is named after the Gorn fromStar Trek, Lagon after The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Smug after Smaug, the dragon from The Hobbit. Ramy is named after Mary Franklin, known to Star Wars fans as the editor ofBantha Tracks and a huge fan of Trandoshans.
- Among the trophies in the Trandoshan hunting lodge are wampa and Wookiee pelts; stuffed and mounted heads of an Ithorian, a Gungan, a Gran, a Skrilling, a reek, a rancor, a dragonsnake; an ancient Mandalorian Neo-Crusader helmet; teeth that may or may not belong to a Zillo beast, a fully mounted gundark and narglatch; and a suspiciously familiar-looking crystal skull.