Star Wars Citadel- Part 2: The Counterattack
“All that can go wrong, will.”
This weekend of Friday the 5th of March was welcomed with a new episode of Star Wars the Clone Wars. This page is to help keep you up on the Clone Wars Episodes.
Now let’s get started. Last week you were introduced to Even Piell and most surprising old character, Tarkin. The new character Osi Sobek is a greedy warden of the Citadel outpost.
Written by Matt Michnovetz
Directed by Kyle Dunlevy
James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi / Osi Sobeck / Plo Koon
Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
Matthew Wood as battle droids / commando droids
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano / K2-B4
Stephen Stanton as Tarkin
Dee Bradley Baker as clone troopers
Blair Bess as Even Piell
Tom Kane as the narrator / Yoda
Corey Burton as Count Dooku
Terrence Carson as Mace Windu
Synopsis: With freed prisoners in their possession and the prime interrogator Osi Sobek attempting desperately to thwart them, Obi-Wan and Anakin search for a way out of the Citadel, a prison designed for even the toughest of Jedi, and back to Coruscant. The prison, however, has more traps, perils and pitfalls in store for them than they had foreseen and they must work past their differences if they are to escape. The mind bending things such as air ducts with razors in them shutting of the air, giant laser turrets and battle droid as far as the eyes can see. Their bid to board their shuttle fails when heavy weapons fire destroys the escape craft. Trooper Echo, the good friend of the other ARC trooper “Fives”, dies in the blast. He is grieved until they have to leave because the firing has become to heavy. The escapees then flee to the caves and call for rescue from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
- Seen several times throughout the Citadel are mouse droids, the same little boxy droids seen as messengers aboard the Death Star and Star Destroyers in the original trilogy, and on Mustafar in Episode III.
- Anakin’s hopping on a STAP is an echo from way back in 2008, The Clone Wars animated story.
- The entire sequence where Obi-Wan and Even Piell try to sneak around the landing platform when they emerge from the ventilation duct was originally shot on top of the citadel tower. It was later moved with minimal pickups to the landing area behind the tower, on the ground.
- Obi-Wan’s line to Osi Sobeck, “I must say, you’re not at all what I pictured. Someone with such a soft voice,” is particularly ironic given that actor James Arnold Taylor voices both characters.
- The monitoring devices along the walls of theCitadel seen in these three episodes are designed after similar devices seen aboard the Death Star in Episode IV.
- The non-existent Separatist outpost that OOM-10 mentions as part of his bluff is Point Tarron.
- To differentiate Lola Sayu’s hellish conditions from the lava planet Mustafar, its molten rivers are colored a bright yellow, to suggest sulfur. Given what sulfurous deposits smell like, it’s understandable Tarkin and Anakin hold their noses.
- The image below is the late Echo’s helmet. This design without blast marks was taken from the season three opener Rookies.